Ramblings on my path to an MFA and my lifestyle Enjoy the snippets of my life!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Year, New Blog!

Posted at: 2:22 AM

So...who am I and what is this?

I've always wanted a blog, ever since LiveJournal. Remember those days? And I've started a few but nothing that ever filled any of my needs. They were never really what I was looking for.

How will this be any different? Well, my plan is to combine all of my social media outlets and link them in a way.

Here is how:
1. Blog, I write or tell you guys a little bit more about my other sites. This will be the glue that brings them all together, a behind-the-scenes if you will.
2. Pinterest and Instagram: they will compliment the blog
3.YouTube: A few weeks ago I started a channel because my sister begged me. She follows a lot of YouTubers and a lot of them have inspired me. Even though we have FaceTime and Skype there are still bits of my day where I want to give someone a special shout out or just comment on something real quick. Why not tape it, without any planning or script or anything, just a bit of sharing. Also, I think it'll help me get over one of my biggest obstacles as a photographer. Which is to not be so shy or intimidated to throw a camera in someone's face without their explicit permission. To just let the camera be another thing in the room. I don't know we'll see....
4. Have this be another outlet where my photography websites can grow. I have three...tumblr, facebook, and my work website. However, I think I can do a better job of trying to expand and make them more dynamic. I think that if I put my heart into it I can accomplish this small goal.

Before I go on...I should tell you who I am. If you have been reading so far I think I owe you an explanation.
So! I'm Mayra, a Communication Sciences grad from ITESM/Tec de Monterrey. I am a photographer and graphic designer, passionate feminist, big sister to the best little sister anyone could have ever asked for, ten years separate the two of us. Currently I work as a graphic designer, hopefully I can learn more about HTML 5 and add some of my own spunk to this, and I live in Queretaro, Mexico. I moved here for a bit while I am applying to various schools to pursue an MFA in Film. I am guessing that this blog will document that process which is basically starting. And yeah, that's about it.

I hope you guys can relate a little and share with me in this process.

OH! Why is this "Snippets". Mostly it's because it'll be snippets from my daily life. Also, I am completely random and I have a hard time deciding what I want to focus on, with a few great exceptions. So, Snippets is a collection of thoughts, likes, dislikes, and ramblings from me. Also, quite honestly, the last blog I made was very specific. It was supposed to chronicle my journey through weight loss. Eventually, I got bored and frustrated that my move to Mexico also suspended my weight loss during my adjustment period and everything. That I eventually gave up the blog, though I continued with my pursuit of health. So, maybe this time if I keep it more open, I'll get less bored and the blog will dictate the path it wants to take. At first I will just focus on keeping up with this blog and staying true to you guys and myself by posting a little by little.

Since this is the first time that I am going through some big changes by myself, with minimal family support, I feel like there are still things I want to share that before I used to do on a daily basis and I can't anymore. It's just not the same. So I'm trying to fill that void. ANYWAY....

Welcome to Snippets!

0 comments:

Post a Comment