Wednesday, February 26, 2014
In the Waiting Line
So at this point in the MFA game I am in between two stages. The Wait and The Application. I have successfully submitted to University of Southern California, American University, and University of Miami. I am still applying to NYFA and SCAD.
What to do during this time...find people to commiserate with online via forums. I found a great thread on StudentFilms. It's oddly comforting to find people that are on the same boat and know that I am still sort of sane. Also, another Fulbrighter introduced me to GradCafe. Here I found a plethora of threads, other Fulbrighters, other MFA Film candidates, and even posts about who's getting accepted (or rejected). All I know is that I have been clicking refresh way too many times today.
As for NYFA, honestly, I'm getting a bad vibe, well weird vibe. Oddly, my vibes about everything are almost always right. Anyway, I heard from them almost daily right after I applied and now, after I forwarded the information to my Placement Officer it's been crickets. They are on rolling admissions and my last choice, so... I can wait to hear from them on the next step.
SCAD, ohhh SCAD. I have read mixed reviews about the school online but the reception I have gotten from them has been positive. It's my second choice, provided there's enough funding. Anyway this week I am working on my demo. I have to fill in approximately ten minutes. My only set back is that my Premiere files won't open on CS6 because of a codec issue. So, I have to start all over or re-install Premiere Pro, which won't happen.
I am excited...nervous...anxious...so many emotions. But, I am sending positive messages out to the universe in hopes that they are received and sent back with the same love.
Wait! There's More!
The title, though true to the moment, is also the soundtrack to the first storyboard and montage I made back during Sophomore year in High School. I remember everything about the project, even the classroom and how long I stayed up drawing.




0 comments:
Post a Comment