Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Ahimsa
I've been feeling sort of down and distant with my surroundings. Oddly, I am very in tune with myself. I understand that it isn't healthy to keep things bottled up but on the other hand it's hard when you can't find anyone to talk to or don't want to aggravate someone with your issues.
Yesterday, I encountered this:
AHIMSA
A Sanskrit word which encompasses compassion, awareness, self-care, and peace in the spirit of non-violence. This means, non-violence towards yourself and others.
It takes me back to the "Golden Rule" of my elementary school: treat others the way you want to be treated. In reading about this, I did find peace.
So, I'd like to share this bit of knowledge with those of you who stumble across my blog.
1. Do no harm.
2. Stop using the words: I can't, Fat, Stupid, and Brutal Honesty.
3. Conscious action.
These steps can be taken to many lengths, some I can adapt to my lifestyle, others seem more difficult. Like, not eating meat. Ok, fine, I admit I am not eating much meat now but that is totally because cooking meat for one person is not that fun. However, a nice New York Strip...grilled...with steamed veggies. I can though look for free range meat whenever possible.
I know that this may be difficult but I really do want to live in a better way. I noticed that my isolation has taken some tolls in my personal life that I had not encountered before but I also know that I am strong enough to work through my issues. With a little guidance, I CAN!
Like...last night. Did my first handstand EVER! I sought out some guidance from yogis and step by step I got on my hands and was able to lift one leg off the wall.
I leave you with those three steps. Try and find the inner peace, guidance, and possitivity within you. I will. I need it.
For further reading:
http://www.doyouyoga.com/4-phrases-actions-promote-self-care/
http://www.doyouyoga.com/how-about-you-try-a-little-ahimsa/





0 comments:
Post a Comment