Ramblings on my path to an MFA and my lifestyle Enjoy the snippets of my life!

Sunday, April 20, 2014

No Poo and Yoga

Posted at: 8:29 PM

After four months of sticking with a No Poo health care regimen...I've stopped.
Finally after the transition period I enjoyed about a month of amazing hair. No dandruff, soft, sort of shiny. When I say amazing, I mean I was really happy with my hair. More than I had in a long time. Yet, at some point, my dandruff came back, less but still. I also had really oily hair. No matter if I brushed daily, or twice daily. I then decided to go Low-poo. I chose Organix as the shampoo and conditioner, a bit pricey but probably worth it. Knowing that when I moved to the US I would start using the Whole Foods body care line. Sulfate and paraben free as an added bonus.

For now I've had some issues in terms of oilyness and dryness. But I think I just have to stick to an every other day rhythm. I may also try to condition my scalp. I think its the thing that has suffered most in all of this. We'll see how that goes.

I guess my hair is just gonna have to suffer until I am stable again. I think that stress, dehydration, and instability have not only aggravated my hair but my health in general. This leads me to my next point...getting back to my exercise routine from the end of last year. I'm going to get back to daily yoga and zumba at least three times a week. But before that I'm going to start slow. First daily yoga, crunches, and zumba once a week. Then twice a week, then three times a week. From now until May 1st I'll do yoga sequences from here and there. Starting May 1st I'll start the Erin Motz 30 day yoga challenge. From there I'll re-calibrate and see where I am at.

I'll try and keep a daily journal of the changes I experience and some sort of motivation. I may not keep it online. I still don't know what the best route will be. I just...I need to. I don't feel good and I know I have the interest and passion to do it. To change my body into a healthier version of what I know it can be. Kind of like the sculptor, I want to have my external body reflect my internal thoughts and vision sof who I am and who I feel I can be. A little wishy-washy and cheesy but, that's where I am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment