Tuesday, January 21, 2014
No 'Poo!
I officially said goodbye to shampoo today. I started my adventure into the widely talked about "No 'Poo" method to washing your hair. I've heard more great things than bad. Personally, I want to give it a try because my scalp tends to get oily very fast (as well as my face) and I want to see if doing things in a more natural or simple way helps. Once I am in the states for grad school I definitely want to play around with the Whole Foods brand or with Kiss My Face. But for now...no poo.
The method I am going for is replacing shampoo with a baking soda and water solution. 8oz of water mixed with two huge tablespoons of baking soda. You have to shake it constantly and make sure its thoroughly mixed. I bought a little bottle that stylists use to dye hair. In Queretaro, I found a little supply store so the bottle was very easy to find and cheap! For conditioner I will be using the white vineager solution. I read that that is better for oily hair. However, I still have a bit of the Suave Rosemary & Mint conditioner that I brought from home so I'll use that on my tips, not scalp, while I finish it.
These pictures show how my hair looks about a half hour after my shower.




.jpg)

0 comments:
Post a Comment